October e-News Cedar Shop
Cedar Shop e-News
October 4, 2017
Autumn is a great time for you or your homeowner clients to do annual maintenance and get ready for winter.
Outdoor Maintenance checklist
- Seal the cracks – Air and moisture not only make winter living uncomfortable but can cause structural damage if left alone. DAP has a number of sealants and foams for indoor and outdoor use that can quickly seal a home up tight.
- Clean the gutters – Leaves and other debris that sit in gutters can cause big problems when snow and ice start to form. Some contracting companies offer annual maintenance as a service.
- Rake or mulch leaves – Grass cuttings and leaves provide great insulation for your flowerbeds and garden plots.
- Inspect the roof – The deadline is approaching for roof patching or replacement. Certainteed offers a diverse range of roofing materials to complement your client's existing exterior.
- Winterize garden tools – For lawnmowers and other machinery stored in sheds, it's a good idea to clean parts and remove fuel before the subzero temperatures set in.
As the temperatures start to drop, homeowners start thinking about making indoor spaces cozy. October can offer the best moderate temperatures for interior paint projects.
Sherwin Williams has over 1,500 interior paint colours for clients to choose from.
If the homeowner isn't sure where to begin, try Sherwin Williams Colour Visualizer. Clients can upload a photo of their interior space and have fun trying all sorts of colours and combinations.
Come and talk to our in-store experts who can help with all your autumn maintenance needs.